Practical Preparing for Parenthood Survival Class devised by Dr Carol Cooper
Who? This basic entry level seminar is suitable for expectant parents, interested grandparents & carers, and health professionals. Open to all.
What? This is a two hour session which will give practical information to expectant parents of multiples. The session will cover the prenatal period and provide you with practical tips on how to prepare for your new arrivals and how to cope during the first few days and weeks.
Topics include: your health and making the most of appointments, pregnancy and birth, bonding, organising support, planning ahead including equipment, looking after yourself, hospital and practical family life (e.g. carrying babies, crying etc). We are unable to provide any medical advice at the Seminars.
Attendees will receive the new Tamba 'Preparing for Parenthood' Booklet' (or the Breastfeeding or Healthy Multiple Pregnancy Guide if you have already received this booklet) and copies of the slides to take away.
If you are unable to attend this course, we have some extracts for you to view online. You must be registered & logged in to see these. Don't forget to make the most of Tamba by registering for FREE resources or get even more benefits by joining for as little as just £1 a month by direct debit.
Course Dates & Times:
London: Course delivered by Dr Carol Cooper or Helen Turier a trained Tamba Facilitator and parent of multiples. There will also be recent parents of twins attending to talk about their experiences.
This seminar has been running since June 2009 and is well attended and evaluated.
- Wednesday 23rd April 7-9pm Central London Faraday House, 48-51 Old Gloucester Street, WC1N 3AE (3 minutes walk from Holborn Station) with Dr Carol Cooper 10 places remaining
- Tuesday 24th June 6.30-8.30pm Central London Faraday House, 48-51 Old Gloucester Street, WC1N 3AE (3 minutes walk from Holborn Station) with Helen Turier
Cost: £7.00 per person (Spaces strictly limited & booking essential). Book your place. (If you would rather book over the telephone or are having problems booking online please call the Tamba office on 01483 304442 or e-mail
Courses are also running in Chiswick, Islington and Enfield (see below)
Regional Venues in England & Wales
Cost: £5.00 per person (Spaces strictly limited & booking essential). Book your place. (If you would rather book over the telephone or are having problems booking online please call the Tamba office on 01483 304442 or e-mail Delivered by trained facilitators and parents of multiples.
- Saturday 12th April Leicester 2- 4.30pm Christchurch, 105A Clarendon Park Rd, leicester LE2 3AH
- Sunday 8th June Derby 2-4pm West End Community Centre, Mackworth Rd, Derby DE22 3BL
- Saturday 16th August Leicester 2- 4.30pm Christchurch, 105A Clarendon Park Rd, leicester LE2 3AH
- Monday 12th May Bradford (BD9) 7-9pm Heaton Mount, Bradford University School of Management, Keighley Rd, Bradford BD9 4JU
- Saturday 19th April Wolverhampton (WV6) 10.15am-12.15pm Perton Library, Severn Drive, Wolverhampton WV6 7QU
- Saturday 26th April Coventry (CV1) 10.30am-1pm Coventry Central Hall, Warwich Central Hall, Warwick lane, Coventry CV1 2HA
- Saturday 14th June Durham(DH1) 10am-12 noon Allergate House, Belmont Business park, Belmont, Durham DH1 1TW
- Saturday 3rd May Bedford (MK42)10am-12 noon Kings House, 245 Amphill Rd, Bedford MK42 9AZ
- Saturday 10th May Brighton (BN1) 10.30am-12.30pm The Dialogue Centre, 24 Windlesham Rd, Brighton BN1 3AG
- Saturday 10th May Tonbridge (TN12) 2-4.30pm The Anglican and Methodist Church of St Andrew, Maidstone Rd, Tonbridge TN12 6DZ
- Saturday 10th May Portsmouth 9.30am-11.30pm The Link, Cosham
- Saturday 17th May Oxted (RH8) 10am-12 noon Oxted Community Hall, 53 Church Lane, Oxted RH9 9NB
- Saturday 17th May Guildford (GU1) 10am-12 noon Bellfields Children's Centre, Hazel Ave, Guildford GU1
- Saturday 17th MayReading (RG2)10am-12 noon Katesgrove Children's Centre, Elgar Road (Off Berkeley Avenue) Reading RG2 0BN
- Wednesday 21st May Maidenhead (SL6)6-8pm Holyport C of E (Aided) Primary School, Stroud, Farm Rd, Holyport SL6 2LP
- Saturday 7th June Billingshurst (RH14) 11am-1pm Billingshrust Children and Family Centre, Station Rd, Billingshurst RH14 9RY
- Saturday 21st June Basingstoke (RG21) 10am -12 noon Discovery Centre, 19/20 Westminster House, Festival Place, Basingstoke RG21 7LS
- Saturday 13th September Basingstoke (RG21) 10am-12 noon Discovery Centre, 19/20 Westminster House, Festival Place, Basingstoke RG21 7LS
- Sunday 11th May Stevenage (SG1) 3-5pm Great Ashby Community Centre, Whitehorse lane, Stevenage SG1 6NH
- Wednesday 4th June High Wycombe (HP11) 7-9pm High Wycombe YMCA, Crest Rd, High Wycombe HP11 1UD
- Saturday 7th June Billericay (CM12) 10.30-1pm Christ Church, perry St, Billericay CM12 0NX
- Tuesday 10th June Ipswich (IP3) 7-9pm Murrayside Learning Centre, Nacton Rd, Ipswich IP3 9JL
- Saturday 26th April Bristol (BS9) 3-5pm St Edyth's Church, Avonleaze, Sea Mills, Bristol BS9 2HU Full please e-mail to go on the waiting list
- Saturday 10th May Tiverton (EX16) 10am-12 noon Old Heathcoat School Community centre, 81 Kings St, Tiverton EX16 5JJ
Thursday 26th June Cardiff (CF23) 6-8pm Offices - 3 Ashtree Court, Woodsy Close, Cardiff Gate, CG23 8RW
- Wednesday 7th May Northwich (CW8) 7.30-9.30pm Sandiway and Cuddington Village Hall, Norley Rd, Cuddington, Nr Northwich CW8 2LB
- Saturday 19th April Chiswick (W4) 10am-12 noon The Pier House, Corney Reach Way, Chiswick W4 2UG Full please e-mail to go on the waiting list
- Saturday 28th June Chiswick (W4) 10am-12 noon The Pier House, Corney Reach Way, Chiswick W4 2UG
- Thursday 24th July Islington (N1) 7-9pm St Mary's Islington Community Partnership, Upper Street, Islington N12 2TX
Book your place (If you would rather book over the telephone or are having problems booking online please call the Tamba office on 01483 304442 or e-mail
We are running a Webinar on Wednesday 21st May from 7.30-8.30pm. The webinar aims to prepare expectant parents of multiples for the remainder of their pregnancy and the first 6 weeks, by providing practical tips and ideas. Areas covered include preparation, special care, hospital, feeding, sleeping, crying and routines. The webinar does not cover the pregnancy or birth from a medical perspective. The cost is £10. Book here
Please visit the Northern Ireland section for more details on their courses and classes.
Delivered by trained parenting facilitators. Courses normally run from 7pm-9pm in the evening and places are £5 each. Lots of dates & venues available. Book a place or contact our Scottish Coordinator Helen Peck for more details.