Practical Preparing for Parenthood Survival Class devised by Dr Carol Cooper
Who? This basic entry level seminar is suitable for expectant parents, interested grandparents & carers, and health professionals. Open to all.
What? This is a two hour session which will give practical information to expectant parents of multiples. The session will cover the prenatal period and provide you with practical tips on how to prepare for your new arrivals and how to cope during the first few days and weeks.
Topics include: your health and making the most of appointments, pregnancy and birth, bonding, organising support, planning ahead including equipment, looking after yourself, hospital and practical family life (e.g. carrying babies, crying etc). We are unable to provide any medical advice at the Seminars.
Attendees will receive the new Tamba 'Preparing for Parenthood' Booklet' AND the Breastfeeding Guide together with copies of the slides to take away.
If you are unable to attend this course, we have some extracts for you to view online. You must be registered & logged in to see these. Don't forget to make the most of Tamba by registering for FREE resources or get even more benefits by joining for as little as just £1 a month by direct debit.
Course Dates & Times:
London: Course delivered by Dr Carol Cooper or Helen Turier a trained Tamba Facilitator and parent of multiples. There will also be recent parents of twins attending to talk about their experiences.
This seminar has been running since June 2009 and is well attended and evaluated.
- Wednesday 17th September 7-9pm Central London Faraday House, 48-51 Old Gloucester Street, WC1N 3AE (3 minutes walk from Holborn Station) with Dr Carol Cooper (FULL to go on the waiting list please e-mail)
- Wednesday 19th November 7-9pm Central London Faraday House, 48-51 Old Gloucester Street, WC1N 3AE (3 minutes walk from Holborn Station) with Dr Carol Cooper
Cost: £7.00 per person (Spaces strictly limited & booking essential). Book your place. (If you would rather book over the telephone or are having problems booking online please call the Tamba office on 01483 304442 or e-mail
Courses are also running in Chiswick, Islington and Enfield (see below)
Regional Venues in England & Wales
Cost: £5.00 per person (Spaces strictly limited & booking essential). Book your place. (If you would rather book over the telephone or are having problems booking online please call the Tamba office on 01483 304442 or e-mail Delivered by trained facilitators and parents of multiples.
- Sunday 5th October Derby (DE22) 2-4pm West End Community Centre, Mackworth Rd, Derby DE22 3BL
- Saturday 6th December Leicester 2- 4.30pm Christchurch, 105A Clarendon Park Rd, leicester LE2 3AH
- Saturday 25th October Coventry (CV21) 10.30am-1pm Coventry Central Hall, Warwick Lane, Coventry CV21 2HA
- Saturday 20th September Billingshurst (RH14) 11am-1pm Billingshurst Children and Family Centre, Station Rd, Billingshurst RH14 9RY
- Saturday 20th September Oxted RH8) 10am-12 noon Oxted Community Hall, 53 Church Lane, Oxted RH8 9NB
- Saturday 20th September Reading (RG2) 10am-12 noon Katesgrove Children's Centre, Elgar Rd (Of Berkeley Ave) Reading RG2 0BN
- Saturday 11th October Portsmouth (PO6) 9.30-11.30am The Link, 48 Havant Rd, Cosham, Portsmouth PO6 2QZ
- Saturday 11th October Abingdon 10am-12 noon South Abingdon Children's Centre, Caldecott Chase, Abingdon OX14 5GZ
- Saturday 18th October Guildford (GU1) 10am-12 noon Guildford Children's Centre, Hazel Avenue, Bellfields, Guildford GU1 1NR
- Saturday 1st November Tonbridge (TN12) 2-4.30pm The Anglican and Methodist Church of St Andrew, Maidstone Rd, Tonbridge TN12 6D
- Saturday 4th October Billericay CM12) 10.30am-12.30pm Christ Church, Perry Street, Billericay CM12 0NX
- Sunday 9th November Stevenage (SG1) 2-4pm Great Ashby Community Centre, Whitehorse Lane, Stevenage SG1 6NH
- Saturday 17th January Norwich (NR8) 10.30am-12.30pm Drayton Taverham & hellesdon Children's Centres, School Rd, Drayton, Norwich NR8 6EP
- Saturday 27th September Bristol (BS7) 3-5.30pm Kuda Can 7 Dongola Ave, Bishopston, Bristol BS7 9HG
Thursday 30th October Cardiff (CF23) 6-8pm Offices - 3 Ashtree Court, Woodsy Close, Cardiff Gate CF23 8RW
- Wednesday 24th September Northwich (CW8) 7.30-9.30pm Sandiway & Cuddlington Village Hall, Norley Rd, Cuddington, Nr Northwich CW8 2LB
- Saturday 11th October 2-4pm Warrington (WA1) Woolston Neighbourhood Hub, Hall Rd, Woolston, Warrington WA1 4PN
- Saturday 6th December Enfield (EN1) 2-4pm St Andrews Church Parish Centre, 14 Silver St, Enfield EN1 3EG
Book your place (If you would rather book over the telephone or are having problems booking online please call the Tamba office on 01483 304442 or e-mail
We run a Preparing for Parenthood webinar. The webinar aims to prepare expectant parents of multiples for the remainder of their pregnancy and the first 6 weeks, by providing practical tips and ideas. Areas covered include preparation, special care, hospital, feeding, sleeping, crying and routines. The webinar does not cover the pregnancy or birth from a medical perspective. The cost is £10.
The next webinar will take place on Wednesday 22nd October from 7-9pm
Book your place
Please visit the Northern Ireland section for more details on their courses and classes.
Delivered by trained parenting facilitators. Courses normally run from 7pm-9pm in the evening and places are £5 each. Lots of dates & venues available. Book a place or contact our Scottish Coordinator Helen Peck for more details.