Job title: Trust and Major Donor Fundraiser
Hours: 21 hours a week (with the opportunity to spread hours over three, four or five days & work one day from home)
Contract: Permanent, subject to a six month probationary period
Location: Head Office, Aldershot, Hampshire
Responsible to: Head of Fundraising
Job Summary: To maximise funds for Tamba through trust/statutory applications and development of High Net Worth Individuals in order to achieve agreed objectives and income targets within the overall strategic plan.
Annual Leave: 28 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays (pro-rata)
Salary: up to£27,000 (pro-rata) according to experience
To apply please send a covering letter and CV to Shelley Smith, Head of Fundraising by 14th August 2014 – ShelleySmith@tamba.org.uk
For an informal chat or for more information, please call Shelley on 01483 304442.
Tamba has been in existence for over 35 years and is the largest charity of its kind in the world. We provide support, information and advice to 10,000s of multi-birth families each year.
Our families face some unique challenges. For instance, they face much higher risks during pregnancy and birth with an almost 50:50 chance that one or more babies will end up in neonatal care. Our mothers face twice the likelihood of developing postnatal depression, can find themselves isolated and experience higher rates of relationship breakdown. Mothers find it harder to return to work and our families tend to have less disposable income and a considerable proportion experience real material hardship.
We need a passionate and dedicated fundraiser who can help us to really increase our income from trusts/statutory sources and High Net Worth Individuals to enable us to deliver some exciting projects in line with our three year strategic plan. You will be joining the organisation at a key period of expansion and will have the opportunity to really make a difference and stamp your mark.
You will have a safety net of warm trusts to apply to but the experience and drive to seek out new trusts and statutory sources to approach and secure funding from. Ideally, you will have experience of securing Big Lottery funding and other high value gifts as over the next eighteen months we will be looking to submit high value bids to the Big Lottery or Department for Health.
You should also be able to apply your research skills to HNW individuals, which is a relatively new area for Tamba. We have identified a target list of HNW individuals on our database and we are looking for someone with the experience and gravitas to research these key individuals, develop a suitable cultivation plan and move them towards a face to face ask. You will have the support of the Head of Fundraising, the CEO and Trustees. This is a great opportunity for someone to really drive this new income stream forward. You will either already have experience in this area or be looking to expand your portfolio of fundraising skills.
You will be joining a small, friendly and dedicated fundraising team. We can offer you flexible working arrangements and a pleasant working environment in a grade II listed manor house overlooking Manor park, Aldershot. This is a superb chance to join an expanding national charity that is still small enough to be free from bureaucracy and nimble enough to support you to progress your ideas.
- To increase income from Trusts
- To find new sources of Trust / statutory funding
- To maximise income from HNW individuals
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Generate and maximise income from charitable trusts, foundations and statutory sources for general funds and project led applications
- Research and identify funding streams within the trust, statutory and lottery sector to match projects and services and ensure the timely submission of high quality, tailored, applications (including appropriately costed budgets) ensuring deadlines and timescales are met
- Develop strategies for trust funder developmentand undertake analysis of projects to ascertain their suitability for funders and to set income targets appropriate to the funders size, ability to give and previous / potential relationship
- Develop existing contacts through relationship building in order to maximise income where appropriate. Making phone calls and attending meetings as and when required. Ensure high quality account management at all times
- Liaise with service providers and funders to ensure project delivery and maintain a record of reports required, ensuring timely submission of final reports when specified by funders, meeting all necessary deadlines
- Research identified list of HNW individuals and put a cultivation plan in place for each of them
- Build positive relationships with key high net worth individuals
- Make face to face asks of HNW individuals or identify and arrange for the most appropriate person to make the ask
- To maintain office administration systems in relation to areas of responsibility ensuring that paper based and Raisers Edge based records are accurate and kept up to date
- To contribute as a member of the fundraising team, helping to generate ideas for fundraising initiatives, packaging ideas into acceptable propositions and contributing to budget setting and the best use of our resources
- To carry out any other special projects, or relevant tasks as required by the Head of Fundraising
The post holder must:
- At all times be committed to Tamba’s Equality and Diversity Policy.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures relating to Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Tamba has a no smoking policy on its premises.
Trust and major donor fundraising person specification
Criteria Essential Desirable
Good academic record up to degree, or equivalent x
Appropriate professional qualifications / training x
Trust Fundraising experience x
Experience of successful Big Lottery applications x
or Department of Health bids
Experience of identifying, researching and cultivating x
High Net Worth Individuals
Personally making a face to face ask x
Excellent planning & organisational skills x
Excellent written communication skills x
Excellent interpersonal skills, including oral communication, x
presentation and networking
Computer literacy, MS Office Suite, fundraising database x
Raisers Edge database x
Excellent research skills x
Trust fundraising x
HNW fundraising x
Goal-orientated & target driven x
Team player x
Ability to prioritise workload to maximise income x
Friendly and professional approach towards colleagues x
Necessary gravitas and confidence to make face to face x
asks of high level individuals
Determined and Tenacious x
Applicants for this role must be eligible to work legally in the United Kingdom. If you do not have the necessary permissions to do so, unfortunately we are unable to consider your application.
Any of our vacancies are listed on this page. For more information on upcoming job opportunities and other Tamba news register with us today.