Tamba’s Multiple Pregnancy Antenatal Courses
Antenatal course leader Sharon Famiglietti and parents who have taken the course explain why Tamba's antenatal courses are unique.
By the end of the course you will have learnt the following:
- What is different about a multiple birth
- What influences the type of delivery - vaginal or caesarean
- What choices are there for multiples
- Undersand how newborn twin and triplet babies sleep
- What happens if your babies arrive early
- What equipment do you need for twins, triplets or more
- How to feed, change and care for more than one baby at a time
- How to get out and about with twins, triplets for more
- How to survive the early days and weeks after the birth
- Understand the role of the birth partner during pregnancy, birth and the early days
Who should attend:
- Women pregnant with twins and their birth partners
- Women pregnant with triplets and their birth partners
- Couples expecting twins, triplets or more using a surrogate
When should you attend? From 20 weeks into your pregnancy
When should you book? NOW courses fill up quickly
How much does a course cost? £139 per couple
- Full day course - 10am-4.30pm
- Expert Facilitator
- Complimentary copies of Tamba's most popular booklets (Healthy Multiple Pregnancy Guide, Breastfeeding Guide and Preparing for Parenthood Guide)
- Refreshments (please note that lunch is not included)
- Pre course support
- Post course follow up support
- Opportunity to meet a recent family of twins or triplets (subject to availability)
We can also take payment in 2 instalments - the first instalment will be 30% ie £41.70 with the full balance being due 5 weeks prior to the course. If you would like to pay by instalments please e-mail for further details.
The courses are run by trained antenatal teachers or midwives (click here for more information on the course teachers) who are available by phone or email to help with any final questions in the days leading up to the birth or immediately afterwards.
Please note that terms and conditions apply, particularly if you need to cancel for any reason see - Terms and conditions See our Frequently Asked Questions for further information which includes information on venues.
We can also offer private sessions in the following locations: London, RH1, TF10, BS21, LS22 (and surrounding areas - although please do enquire if you are outside of these areas and are interested in a private session) The cost is £148 for two people for a 3 hour private course. For further details please e-mail
“Thank you Tamba we found the session with Sharon on Friday very valuable, we both left feeling very informed and also excited about what is ahead of us. We couldn't have asked for a more professional and knowledgeable person to guide us through certain worries we had” Lucy & Josh
In addition to our private 3 hour session, Tamba can also offer a bespoke pregnancy and early weeks care course consisting of four two hour sessions. Further information.
Those who book onto a Tamba one day Ante-Natal course and a 2 hour Preparing for Parenthood webinar/Seminar are entitled to attend a Tamba Breastfeeding Multiples webinar and receive a copy of the Ask the Midwife webinar FREE of charge
Book a course
If you would rather book over the telephone or are having problems booking online please call the Tamba office on 01252 332 344 or e-mail.
We also have short courses available in Scotland.
Click on our interactive map to find a course near you
Sat 7th May Chiswick (FULL)
Sat 14th May Loughton (Place for 1 couple remaining - to book call the Tamba office on 01252 332344)
Sat 11th Jun Chiswick (FULL)
Sat 9th July Finchley
Sat 16th July Chiswick
Sat 20th Aug Loughton
Sat 20th Aug Chiswick
Sat 10th Sept Finchley
Sat 14th May Loughton
Sat 18th June Cambridge
Sat 20th Aug Loughton
Nearest courses are in Sutton Coldfield/Birmingham (please see courses in the West Midlands for further information)
Sat 7th May Manchester (FULL)
Sat 23rd July Manchester
Sat 4th June Tunbridge Wells
Sat 23rd Jul Guildford
Sat 17th Sept Tunbridge Wells
Sat 4th Dec Tunbridge Wells
Sat 25th Jun Bristol
Sat 17th Sept Bristol
Sat 26th Nov Bristol
Sat 30th April Birmingham (Place for 1 couple remaining)
Sat 25th June Birmingham
Nearest courses are in Bristol (see courses in the South West region for more information)
Click here to view Northern Ireland courses
Click here to view Scottish Antenatal courses
Book a course
Feedback from the course
"I found the course really useful. There was lots of great discussion and some really valuable information."
"Excellent course – I now feel very reassured about coping. I would definitely recommend the course to others."
"The course was fantastic and I would highly recommend it. The course tutor was very knowledgeable and approachable and answered all of our questions. It was very informative."
97% of course attendees in 2014 rated the course as a 9 or 10 out of 10 overall