Finance & Office Assistant
Contract: Permanent, subject to a six month probationary period.
Responsible to: Finance Manager
Hours: 21 hours
Location: Manor House, Manor Park, Aldershot, Hampshire
Annual leave: 28 days p.a. plus statutory bank holidays (pro-rata)
Salary: £18,000 pa (pro rata)
To apply please send a cover letter and CV to Nicky Deans by Thursday 11th February 2016. For an informal chat or for more information, please call Nicky on 01252 332344
Tamba has been in existence for over 30 years and is the largest charity of its kind in the world. We provide support, help and advice to 10,000s of families each year. Our families face some unique challenges. For instance, they face much higher risks during pregnancy and birth with an almost 50:50 chance that one or more babies will end up in neonatal care. Our mothers face twice the likelihood of developing postnatal depression, can find themselves isolated and experience higher rates of relationship breakdown. Mothers find it harder to return to work and our families tend to have less disposable income and a considerable proportion experience real material hardship.
If you are able to help organise our office and keep on top of our financial transactions to enable us to work towards saving and transforming lives then please do apply. It will be a challenge but should be rewarding and fun.
The Finance and Office Assistant will work in close co-operation with, and provide support to the Finance Manager. Specific responsibilities, some of which will be shared with the Finance Manager, include:
- Processing sales and purchase invoices
- Processing expenses for all staff members and volunteers
- Management of the monthly payment runs and responding to suppliers’ payment queries
- Credit control management
- Preparation of bank reconciliations
- Analysing income from all sources (online, phone and postal) and inputting into TasBooks
- Liaising with utility, stationary, insurance and postal providers
- Overseeing health and safety compliance
- Ensuring regular staff meetings and updates
- Additional ad hoc financial and administrative tasks as directed by the Finance Manager
- Qualifications in English and Maths (GCSE/O Level standard)
- Financial record processing/book keeping
- Dealing with third party contractors
- Previous experience in a finance assistant /office administration role within a busy and challenging environment
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritise work and competing demands
- Strong numeracy skills
- Strong administration skills
- Able to use initiative and solve problems independently
- Able to work under pressure and manage multiple deadlines
- Strong IT skills including using Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Working knowledge of TasBooks (or similar Sage based accounting software) would be preferred, although training will be provided
- Confident and enthusiastic
- Flexible, team player
- A commitment to diversity and equality
- A commitment to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults
- A clear interest in families with twins, triplets or more
Applicants for this role must be eligible to work legally in the United Kingdom. If you do not have the necessary permissions to do so, unfortunately we are unable to consider your application.
We are looking for excellent practitioners to deliver one-day antenatal courses to couples expecting more than one baby. If you are a qualified and experienced antenatal teacher or midwife with excellent group facilitation skills and a keen interest in multiple births we would love to hear from you.
The role involves five or six Saturday or Sunday courses per year at regular intervals in one of the following locations Chiswick, central London, Finchley, Guildford and Manchester. In return we offer comprehensive training, competitive pay and on-going support.
To apply please contact Sharon Famiglietti on 020 85087616 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
What did you think of this page?