Last Friday, we had a special visitor to the Tamba offices when local MP for Aldershot, Sir Gerald Howarth, paid us a visit and took the TTTS #puddlechallenge. About 20 local families braved the cold to join him, and make a splash to help raise awareness of our TTTS appeal.
Tamba holds a special significance for Sir Gerald Howarth, who is a grandfather to twin boys Ned and Wilfred.
“They (Tamba) provide much needed support for parents of twins and multiples. During her pregnancy with twins, my own daughter found their resources to be very helpful and reassuring,” Sir Gerald said.
“I strongly support their TTTS campaign which I hope will raise much needed awareness of this relatively unknown condition and will help save lives in the future.”
Sir Gerald’s puddle jump was covered by the Eagle Radio, who spoke to local mum Carol Flack, and appeared in The Aldershot News and Mail.
Tamba CEO Keith Reed said he wanted to thank all the families who joined us on the day.
“It was a great success, and events like these help us to raise awareness of TTTS, which is a rare, though potentially devastating condition,” Mr Reed said.
Tamba is currently raising funds to create the UK’s first ever registry which will monitor all TTTS pregnancies and their outcomes. You can support Tamba’s TTTS appeal by taking the puddle challenge.
Here’s how it works…
1. Grab your wellies and your camera or phone
2. Find a puddle (the muddier the better) and take a picture or video of yourself and/or your family jumping in and making a splash for the TTTS appeal.
3. Post the photo on your social media with the #puddlechallenge. You can also tag us @tamba_twins_mb. If social media is not your thing, but you would still like to be involved, simply email your photo to email@example.com.
4. Donate to the TTTS Appeal by texting Jump02 £5 to 70070.
5. If you have friends who you think might be interested in taking the challenge, why not nominate them? Simply tag them on Facebook or social media, or nominate them in your puddle jumping video.
If you are interested in organising a group puddle jump or another event to raise money for Tamba’s TTTS appeal, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.